Monday, May 16, 2011

Adoption - Day 291

Just a quick update today.

We just had the second half of our garage sale extravaganza on Saturday and our total money raised across both Saturdays is... (insert drum roll here)...$2,200!!!

We were amazed by the generosity of so many people. I wish that I could tell you all the stories, because we had so many people tell us how adoption has touched their lives in some way. We had so many people literally hand us money for the cause. I was overwhelmed by the generosity.

If you came by to see us either Saturday, I want you to know how much it really means to both of us. You are now officially part of our adoption story. Like it or not! Thank you for blessing us.

I couldn't help but allow the generosity and kindness to wash over me. I kept thinking of how unworthy we are of such blessing. God has richly blessed every step of the way along this journey. Although it is very easy for me to be impatient and long for control of the situation, I realize that the less control I have and the more patient I am, the more I get to simply sit back and allow God to wash more and more blessings over us. He has this whole process taken care of. He knows how it will end and I can trust that.

To date we now have raised and saved a total of $14,600! That means we have $7,000 - $9,000 to go. That may seem like a daunting task, but I have complete faith that God will provide for us in miraculous ways. I mean, He has already, so why not anticipate that He will continue to?

It seems so, I don't know, not enough to simply post a blog to say thanks to everyone who gave us items for the garage sale, came out to see us and gave us money for the items or gave us money just because. I suppose that's all I can do, but I hope that in between the lines of this text you can see that my gratitude comes from the most sincere heart.

I wish that I had more news to update you with on the process. All I can say is that we have been on the waiting list for 3 1/2 months. That is right in the average wait time of 3-6 months, so we can't complain. I will be sure and update you all just as soon as we have any more information. Thank you for walking this journey with us.

Much love and gratitude,

AA

PS - Congrats to the raffle winner, Sarah Epp!!

2 comments:

  1. PRAISE GOD! That's awesome:) I so wish we could have been there and shopped for the cause! We love you guys and are so so excited and anxious to see how God brings you your little one:)

    ReplyDelete